June 8, 2010 at 6:20 pm (how-to, Studio)
This fabulous tip was on the Heritage Makers blog:
If you have a lot of objects on a page that need to be locked in place, locking each one individually can be a grueling task. But you can save yourself time and hair-pulling stress, by using a simple feature that locks—and even unlocks—all the objects on that page or in your project at once. Here’s what you do:
1. Click “Edit” on the menu.
2. Select “Lock” in the submenu.
3. Choose your locking preference. You can choose:
* Lock All on Page
* Unlock All on Page
* Lock All in Project
* Unlock All in Project
Using this feature will save time and make creating your project much better. If you’ve just placed a bunch of elements on a page, with one simple click you can ensure that you don’t inadvertently click, drag, or distort the elements you have placed so carefully.
Don’t forget about the shortcut key strokes. To unlock all on a page use: Ctrl+Shift+L; and to lock all on a page use: Ctrl+Alt+L.
April 2, 2010 at 4:07 pm (how-to, Studio)
Tags: digiscrapping, scrapbook, scrapbooking
You can share photo albums or whole projects from Studio, even with people who do not have Heritage Makers accounts.
- Click “My photos” on the top right menu.
- Click the album you want to share.
- Hit the share button below the folders.
- Enter the e-mail addresses you want to send it to. (You can also set up an address book also so you don’t have to type all the addresses every time.)
If the person you are sharing with has an account, the photo albums appear along with theirs and they can use your pictures for projects. They can delete photos or the whole album without effecting your album. If the person does not have an account, they see all the photos on one launching page and can see titles but not caption information.
- Click “My projects & templates” on the top right menu.
- Click “view” on the project you want to share.
- Click “share” and type in the e-mail addresses or grab the link.
The projects will appear in a preview mode. The same thing you get when you click “view” from the project page.